- Undo trousers, push underwear to one side and place Shewee gently against the body
- Aim Shewee away from feet, onto the ground or into a toilet or container
- Relax and go!
- When finished, pull the funnel forwards to wipe and catch any drips.
- Give the shewee a quick shake or run some water through it
- Replace reusable Shewee into re-sealable bag or case.
TIPS FOR USE- Don’t push the Shewee too tightly against the body. The pointy end should be touching the body toward your bum and the front rounded end should be held a few millimetres away from the body
- There are tissues in the shesfreetobe toolkit for any extra wiping or to dry your hands
- Remember gravity – the outlet pipe must be lower than the pointy end!
Flexi-funnel urination device
The flexi funnel works much the same way as the shewee, it is flexible, can be re-usable and is reasonably durable. It can be folded into smaller pockets easier, ensure the seal is good and remember gravity! It is great for use if there are shared facilities. Wash with warm soapy water and then air dry.
We provide two sizes of menstrual cups, guidance suggests that the large cup is best used for women who have given birth and the smaller one is for women who haven't. I have given birth and can use both so it is about what feels comfortable. The best thing about menstrual cups is they have a bigger volume so can last longer that traditional forms of management and they are not single use so are an environmentally friendly solution. You can pair these with period underwear or a pad as a two-barrier system.
Before & after use: Sterilise cup by placing it in boiling water for 5 mins and wash it in warm, soapy water
To use: Wash hands, C fold / pinch the cup, slide into vagina, slide finger around cup to check seal
There are a number of menstrual cups on the market, there are softer and more firm ones and individuals should experiment to find what works for them.
If you have had TSS (Toxic shock syndrome) in the past, a menstrual cup may not be the best form of management for you.